8/31/07

Finally.... and Accident Clarity

In a posting I made on June 30th I mentioned the slow pace of bridge reconstruction in Union Beach. Well, lo and behold, in the past two weeks both bridges have been completed. Apparently they read my blog and were shamed into a speedy conclusion of their work.

Also in a previous posting I detailed my accident as much as I could recall, but my last ride put me on the same road and I wasn't paying attention and hit the same hole. It isn't a regular pothole with clearly defined edges, but more of a paved dent in the road. This time I didn't kiss the asphalt because as soon as I sensed it I grabbed the bars tight. And that is when I learned the cause of my crash. One or two seconds after hitting the first hole I hit a second one. Being aware this time saved me, but last time I would have recovered if not for the second hole. Mystery solved.

No comments: