8/2/07

Expensive crash

I took my bent and twisted bike to the shop this morning. Howie, the owner, was amazed by looking at the bike that I wasn't more seriously hurt. For that matter so was I. He looked the bike over and it turns out that the rear wheel is also bent so both have to be replaced. New wheels and a tuneup would have cost me $475, but he will just buy the rims and build the wheels himself which will bring the total down to $345. I just hope he doesn't find anything else bent or broken when he tunes it up. As it is it will take a while and I hope it is ready when we return from CA.
My abrasions are scabbing over but in the morning I discovered I must have injured my right shoulder too, because it is very sore. Lucky I didn't break my collarbone which is the most common injury in cycling accidents.

No comments: