8/18/07

Back in the saddle

Yesterday I stopped by the stable/blacksmith to pick up my trusty steed. Newly shoed she was ready to go, and today I decided to go for a ride. At first I was a little nervous being thrown off during my last ride seventeen days ago, but they say you should get right back on the horse after being thrown, so that was what I intended. With a little gentle talking I eased her out onto the road. She was a little skittish at first, as was I, but we settled into a nice ride. Each small bump we hit I held the reins a little tighter, fearing a recurrence of my last ride. But eventually I regained the confidence of letting her go and we had a very nice ride, going twenty-one miles in an hour and twenty minutes. Putting my steed away after the ride, I knew we were once again simpatico.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear all is well & that you're back riding again! maybe next time you can bring your camera with you to take pictures so we can see where you ride. :-)

Anonymous said...

i see uncle rick's story telling is in infectious :-)
nicely done. we are all happy you are able to saddle up again!!

Anonymous said...

Did you ride through Sherwood Forest perchance?

Methinks you have quaffed a bit generously of the fruit of the vine.....

Anonymous said...

OOps... didn't mean to be anonymous on that comment up there....