8/28/10

Sheep

"This is the beginning of the great awakening of America ... We must give voice to what God says we must do," he added. "My message to you tonight is stand where He wants you to stand and trust in the Lord. If He tells you to do it, do it. If you can't figure it out, He will. Just do it."


Glenn Beck's words at a rally on Friday, the day before his Restoring Honor event. What strikes me about this quote is how much he sounds like a television evangelist. You can almost hear Jim Baker or Kenneth Copeland standing before their flock and saying similar things. All Beck has to do now is begin healing people. But what is more amazing to me and maybe it shouldn't be, is that he can conceive of and implement such an event. Is it that people would come to this event even if there were no central figure or is it Beck that draws them? If it is him, if he is some sort of Svengali, then it scares me that so many people can blindly follow someone. To use Beck's own argument, isn't it then like what Hitler did in Germany? And if he believes we should strictly follow the constitution then why does he say, "My role is, as I see it, to wake America up to the back-sliding of principles and values and, most importantly, of God. We are a country of God". I must be missing something because I can't understand why those who follow (like sheep) him can't see that he is just one man espousing ideas that are his and not theirs. What am I missing? He is in the end a personality, a former "morning zoo" dj, an entertainer. Is it time to move to Canada yet?

1 comment:

Kevin said...

couldn't have 'wondered' better myself.

this guy is a tool and ONLY an entertainer.
and it completely scares me how people follow blindly. Not just him, but how SO SO MANY are ignorant and are sheep in this country.

i think it IS time to start looking at real estate in Canada.