4/1/08

WaWa incident

A couple weeks ago I was at WaWa getting gas and then went inside for a cup of coffee. I do like their coffee. I used to like 7-11, but now prefer WaWa. But I digress. After coming out of the store I got in my truck and found I was blocked in by someone else's car. They were parked illegally, which is a topic for another entry. I was going to sit there and wait for them and then give them a stare when they came out, but decided instead to try to get around them. I pulled up as far as I could go and then managed to inch my way around them as I backed out. As I cleared the car by inches I felt like it would have been better if I had just plowed into it. It is at these times I wish I had a rubber car. Anyway I made it out of the space, backing out around the car, and as I shifted into drive I saw the driver of the car walking toward it. I gave him a look and then drove off. Well, I thought it would end there. Yesterday I am sitting reading a book when there is a knock on the door. I open it to a cop who asks if that is my truck in the driveway. I said yes, and then he asked if he could come in. At this time my knees were weak. He explained that someone said I was a hit and run driver, and then that it was someone at the local WaWa who was making the complaint. I then went through the whole thing with him about being blocked and maneuvering around the car without hitting it. He seemed to believe me, saying that the guy who made the complaint couldn't show any damage on the car or anything, but they had to followup anyway. He told me not to worry about it, and if there was anything else he would contact me. So, now I sit and hope that it is all in the past.

5 comments:

Kevin said...

Are you FREAKING KIDDING ME!?!?!?
He was parked illegal and he calls the cops on you!?
He was able to get your plate #s that quick as you drove away?! or did he follow you.?? What an ASS.

Was he an older or younger guy?

WTF is wrong with people these days!?!?!?!?

Kevin said...

oh..and also...he had to call the cops, wait there til they arrived and explain the situation to the cop, and then wait for a report to be written up.
Honestly it sounds as if he was more inconvenienced.

But he sure taught you a lesson didnt he...to be sure to never ever park again in a parking spot when someone will eventually block you in illegally.
You should be a smarter person now!!! :-P

Kevin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lauren Clerkin said...

Unbelievable. Was it the Wawa down on 35? probably some cliffwood scum.

ray said...

I did get others but they commented via email and not here.