10/18/07

Four readers for my mystery

Well, it has been ten days, a long enough time I would think, to see how many people are reading this blog. FOUR!!! Or is it that there are many more and they refused my request to make a comment. Has blogging been a fad? For me as well as for others? For the present I will continue, if not every day, at least intermittently. And so this entry is about one of life's many mysteries, in which I am now partaking. What is it you ask? Hair. First we must ask why we have hair. It seems logical that early man needed hair to keep warm as he evolved from early primates. [please, no comments about evolution vs. creationism] But as man evolved, even after thousands and thousands of years, we still have hair in the most unlikely of places. Why do we need hair under our arms? Why do we need hair anywhere? And now I have entered that time of life when I ask the question, Why do older men get hair on and in their ears? Why? I have googled this question and their is no definitive answer. It is one of life's mysteries. And it is confounding that rogue hairs pop up on the ears edge and seemingly have grown a quarter or an inch overnight. A mystery. And as I ponder this mystery, another works its way into my thoughts. Why do men have nipples?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why do men have nipples you ask? well why do men have milk ducts? why are men given nipples & milk ducts but yet they can't lactate like women?

Anonymous said...

Male nipples, ear hairs.... Why do eyebrow hairs become long in the extreme, as well as unruly, with age?