11/14/09

I'm Not Ready!

Retailers have begun the blitz already, and it has been going on for a week or more. For me it is way too soon for Christmas ads and decorations. I can deal with it right around Thanksgiving, when the "official" start to the holiday begins. Well, it used to be the official start, but not anymore. Earlier and earlier in the year. Pretty soon we will be giving out candy canes to trick or treaters. But it was the Jeffersons that prompted me to write. No, not George and Weezy, but the neighborhood Jeffersons who always put up their decorations early. Two days ago we drove past and, not only do they have the lights on the house, but their tree is up. As I said, way too early.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

HOLY CRAP WHAT!??!?!

Lauren said...

Mommy told me this and I couldn't believe it. WAY TOO EARLY!! I can see putting up your outside decorations because the weather has been mild, but the tree also??!!