5/11/09

Resistance is futile

No it isn't the Borg on Star Trek. But resistance still seems to be futile. What am I talking about? Facebook. The dreaded Facebook. It seems that Pat knows things going on in California with Kevin and family well before I have an inkling. And there are occasions where I don't find out until much later. Lately I have been viewing it through Pat's homepage on Facebook, but now wonder if it is inevitable that I too must join. For example, Kevin puts pictures up on Facebook that never seem to show up on Phanfare, where I look regularly. This also applies to Lauren's family too, but not to the same degree. So, what do I do? Do I keep hijacking Pat's site to see what is going on? Or do I break down and do what I said I would never do? Aghhhhh!! For now I will resist.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm slowly coming around, too. Last year friends were encouraging me to go on Facebook but the boys were adamant that they didn't want their mom on FB. Makes you wonder what they were hiding, but now they've either recanted or have said they have withdrawn from FB. Just recently I've have gotten several invites as the over 50 crowd has discovered FB. I registered to see their photos, and now. . .I'm feeling pressure to post pix myself. What to do?

ray said...

You caved in already? More pressure on me now.

Bernadette said...

I caved months ago when my kids stopped emailling photos in favor of posting on Facebook. I don't want to miss out on those photos, though I much prefer Phanfare!