4/24/09

Summer came early

I am sitting on the patio at 3:30 in the afternoon.  The plastic was taken down this morning and the lawn was mowed.  It is warm enough to sit out here, but tomorrow it will be warm enough to wear shorts and sandals with a predicted temperature in the mid to high eighties.  Sunday is supposed to be the same.  I went for a bike ride this afternoon slathering my legs and face and neck with sunscreen.  Notice I didn't say my arms.  That is because I wore a long sleeved shirt.  When I went there was a breeze coming off the bay and it was a bit cool, but one I got inland it was warm.  I haven't been out on the bike much and am not in shape.  I went 23.3 miles today and am trying to work my way up to where a thirty mile ride will be anything but a trial.  If you check my miles on the link to the right you will see that I only rode 48.4 miles in February and 10.4 in March.  So much was going on in those months that riding took a back seat.  But now I am committed to getting back to riding three times a week.  

Also happening this past week were the following events.  I could have written about any one of them but will just give a brief summary.  

I spent three days removing wallpaper and painting a small bathroom at a friend's house.  Because of that, when I removed the plastic from the patio today I had to leave one small piece because I need the step ladder to get to it and that is at the "jobsite" because I have another room to do.

Wednesday I went out to dinner with three of the guys I worked with at Center Core.  Good beer, adequate food, and lots of laughts.  Always a good time.

Yesterday, Thursday, I went for my yearly skin inspection at the dermatologist.  He froze two warts located on my upper left side.  I have to remember to stay away from those damn frogs.  He also removed a spot for biopsy from just below my waist.  

So, that has been my week, basically.  Ending here because I have to go get my shorts and sandals ready for tomorrow. 


1 comment:

Lauren said...

I have to get my shorts out too. And how come only 3 guys showed up at dinner?