3/9/09

A couple things

It has been a while. I think I have said that before in a posting or two. Over the past week or two I have had things to write about but never sat down to put fingers to keyboard. Some of the topics I have considered are the following:

As the end of February approached the fact that there had been no major snowfall this winter gave me pause and I almost wrote an entry. Then two days later we got hit with a major snowfall. Cause and effect?

The snowfall brought up two more topics. First after I had finished clearing our driveway and sidewalk I moved on to the neighbor's driveway. It was then I began to hear an unsettling noise in the snowblower. I kept working but then noticed that the crank that turns to direct the chute had become disconnected somewhere inside the unit. So I had to stop. I came in took off my boots, gloves and coat and was looking forward to some soup that Pat was cooking. It was then I heard the plow. It came down the street and threw snow from the street covering the sidewalk and driveway apron. I cursed a bit. Well, maybe more than a bit and then went out with the shovel to reclear the snow.

There were other topics. On top of the cost I will have to pay when I pick up the snowblower at Sears this week I have to pay Toyota to install a new oxygen sensor. Yes, the day after it snowed the "check engine" light came on. One thing on top of another. Oh, and my bike is in the shop because there is something that is grinding in what I think is the rear hub. When it rains it pours.

Anything else? Of course. I could write about the work we are doing on Pat's Mom's house and preparing for an estate sale. I could write about my thoughts about Facebook and Twitter, but Kevin enlightened me concerning those topics so i am glad I didn't put it here before chatting with him.

So, I am posting this and more or less combining all the topics into one short posting. Maybe going forward I will simply sit and type in my thoughts as they come to me. Or maybe I will once again begin a posting with "It has been a while".


3 comments:

Rick R said...

I had a slight problem of my own this weekend. I had to replace a headlight in my car. This task reminded me of the e-mail you sent out about how car engines have changed. It must be a long time since I last replaced one because when I went to the auto sotre I was given a small bulb instead of the whole headlight I used to get back in the day.
Even though it is true that the engine is more complex and fills up the entire space under the hood and it was a bit difficult to wedge my hand in to take out the old bulb, I will admit that I like the fact that it was only a quick bulb replacement and not the whole light (remember those lights had four adjusting screws and you were always worried that you knocked it out of kilter and you would fail the next time you went for inspection?).

ray said...

Yes I do recall exactly what you mean about changing the old headlights with the four adjusting screws. Park the car in the driveway with the garage door closed to see if they looked out of alignment when the job was complete.

And why didn't you put this comment on your blog? Then you could have said "It has been a while".

Anonymous said...

Just for the record, when we were driving in Nebraska last month an AirBag Fault warning came on our dashboard and didn't go away. We ended up having to replace the driver side airbag on our 02 VW Passat. Big big bucks!